Why is the user experience so poor?
- Trying to please all the people all the time
- The underlying architecture is out-dated
- The navigation is confusing
- The images are too heavy (the site doesn’t load quickly)
- The website has been constructed by multiple people from multiple departments over a prolonged time
- Allocated resources were not sufficient
- The team is lacking the requisite skills
- The mobile version is nonexistent
I marvel at how some sites are structured. You can still find sites that are set up merely according to the organization’s structure, with internal department titles lining the navigation tabs. Even worse, in-house jargon appears on the customer-facing website. How is the customer supposed to find satisfaction in such an environment?